Vulnerabilities discovered in plugins, themes, and WordPress Core from 10th au 16th may 2021
Multiple Authenticated Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities discovered by Lenon Leite in the WordPress PowerPress Podcasting plugin (versions <= 8.6.1).
- Score: 4.8/10
- Fixed in: 8.6.2
- Sources: https://wordpress.org/plugins/powerpress/#developers
Authenticated Arbitrary File Upload vulnerability leading to Remote Code Execution (RCE) discovered by WordFence in WordPress External Media plugin (versions <= 1.0.33).
- Score: 9.9/10
- Fixed in: 1.0.34
- Sources: https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2021/05/critical-vulnerability-patched-in-external-media-plugin/ and https://wordpress.org/plugins/external-media/#developers
Authenticated Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability discovered by Amirmuhammad Vakili in WordPress LMS by LifterLMS plugin (versions <= 4.21.0).
- Score: 5.4/10
- Fixed in: 4.21.1
- Sources: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2021-24308, https://github.com/gocodebox/lifterlms/releases/tag/4.21.1, and https://wordpress.org/plugins/lifterlms/#developers
Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability discovered by Ashish Jha (Bluefire Redteam) in WordPress LifterLMS plugin (versions <= 4.21.0).
- Score: 4.7/10
- Fixed in: 4.21.1
- Sources: https://github.com/gocodebox/lifterlms/releases/tag/4.21.1 and https://wordpress.org/plugins/lifterlms/#developers
Object injection in PHPMailer vulnerability discovered in WordPress (one security issue affecting WordPress versions between 3.7 and 5.7).
- Score: 9.8/10
- Fixed in: 5.7.2
- Sources: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-36326, https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2018-19296, https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2020-36326, https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2018-19296, and https://wordpress.org/news/2021/05/wordpress-5-7-2-security-release/
Thanks to Patchstack.com